Organic Rice Divine and Rice Dream are without a doubt my favorite ice cream choices. They’re both completely gluten AND dairy free. ♥ SO good, and good for you. + They come in the yummiest flavors : )
- Banana Fudge
- Carob Almond
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Chip
- Cocoa Marble Fudge
- Coconut Mango
- Key Lime Pie
- Mint Chocolate Swirl
- Mudd Pie
- Orange Vanilla
- Very Cherry
- Very Vanilla
Purely Decadent’s ice cream is not only gluten and dairy free, but it’s also free of soy protein, cholesterol free, no trans fats, sweetened with agave, and it’s vegan.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl
- Cookie Dough
- Mint Chip
- Mocha Almond Fudge
- Passionate Mango
- Vanilla Bean
Yes, ice cream is naturally gluten-free, but it’s become another victim of hidden gluten. Thank you processed food era
Thankfully these mainstream ice cream brands will state obvious gluten ingredients on their labels such as flour, wheat, malt, barley, oats, rye, etc.
Here are some basic rules when buying mainstream gluten-free ice cream.
- More often than not, soft serve ice cream is not gluten-free.
- If you’re newly diagnosed and/or super sensitive, ice cream you get from an ice cream shop poses a greater threat of cross-contamination.
- Always avoid obvious gluten-containing ingredients such as cookies, brownies, cookie dough, wafers, and cake ingredients unless the ice cream is specifically labeled gluten-free.
PS. These mainstream ice cream brands do NOT have hidden gluten in their natural flavorings. Remember that ingredients change periodically- so always read labels, and call or e-mail manufacturers if you’re still unsure about ANY product or ingredient. Please leave any gluten-free ice cream product updates or reviews in a comment! XO
- Baskin Robins: They address wheat, but not gluten. Here is their allergen chart.
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Blue Bell
- Blue Bunny
- Breyer’s All Natural Ice Creams: Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Coffee, French Vanilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, Peach, Rocky Road, Strawberry, Vanilla Fudge Twirl, Vanilla/Chocolate/Strawberry, Take Two Vanilla/Chocolate, Frozen Yogurt Vanilla/Chocolate/Strawberry, Frozen Yogurt Chocolate, Light Vanilla, Light Mint Chocolate Chip
- Coldstone: Here is their food allergy chart with an extensive list of their products & what allergies they contain. And here is their FAQ where they specifically address gluten and cross-contamination issues.
- Cool Whip
- Dairy Queen: Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve & Misty Slush. Their suppliers also confirm the following are GF: Lemon Freez’r, Cherry Lime Freez’r, DQ Fudge Bar, DQ Vanilla Orange Bar, DQ Vanilla Fudge Bar, DQ Raspberry Vanilla Bar; & StarKiss Bars
- Edy’s Grand
- Edy’s Homemade
- Haagan-Dazs: Banana Split, Butter Pecan, Caramelized Pear and Toasted Pecan, Cherry Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coffee, Creme Brulee, Dark Chocolate, Dulce de Leche, Green Tea, Java Chip, Mango, Mint Chip, Peanut Butter Brittle, Pineapple Coconut, Pistachio, Pralines and Cream, Rocky Road, Rum Raisin, Strawberry, Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Chocolate Chip, Vanilla Honey Bee, Vanilla Swiss Almond, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle
- McDonalds: All ice cream sundaes are gluten-free.
- The Skinny Cow: Click here for their gluten-free product information.
- Wendy’s: Frosty’s are gluten-free. Chocolate Frosty, Vanilla Frosty, Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty, M&M’s Twisted Frosty, Chocolate Fudge Frosty Shake, Frosty-cino, Strawberry Frosty Shake, Vanilla Bean Frosty Shake.
Other Gluten-Free Ice Cream Treats:
- Organic Rice Divine Very Vanilla Bars
- Organic Rice Divine Chocolate Chocolate Bars
- Dole’s Fruit N Juice Bars
- Edy’s Fruit Bars
- Dreyer’s Fruit Bars
- Flinstone’s Pushups
- Good Humor Popsicles
- Koolaid Freezer Pops
- Minute Maid Fruit Juice Bars
- Nestle’s Popsicles
- Phillyswirl Frozen Stix